COVID-19 RESOURCE CENTERMitchell County Hospital Health Systems continues to monitor the changing developments of the respiratory illness, COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory illness, including COVID-19. MCHHS takes care of a very vulnerable population and therefore, has implemented several measures to help prevent the spread of this virus into our facility. With the day to day rapid changes, please visit this site often to receive up-to-date information regarding COVID-19, MCHHS and your community.
COVID TESTING INFORMATIONMITCHELL COUNTY HOSPITAL HEALTH SYSTEMS IS NOT A PUBLIC TESTING FACILITY. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE COVID-19 OR SYMPTOMS RELATED TO COVID-19, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN. IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY AND HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS, PLEASE CALL 785-738-9348 BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL TO THE ER.
COVID TESTING AFTER HOURS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS (MCHHS EMERGENCY ROOM DEPARTMENT)
1. Persons requesting a Covid test will be instructed to quarantine and call their physicians office on the next available business day.
2. Persons that are having symptoms that feel they need to be seen will be instructed to come to the Emergency Room for a Medical Screening Exam and treatment as deemed necessary by the physician.
3. Outpatient Covid testing will not be done after hours, weekends or holidays.
Latest Updates Regarding Mitchell County Hospital Health SystemsAs visitors and patients enter our facility there is a large poster indicating what requirements are currently being followed. Red means masks must be worn and will be available upon entry if needed, and green means masks are not required except for individuals with respiratory symptoms. Please call 785-738-2266 if you have any questions regarding visitation.
• If you have a non-urgent medical need/question, please contact your primary care providers office.
• If you have a non-urgent COVID-19 question or have a question in regards to COVID-19 testing, please contact your primary care providers office.
• MCHHS cannot provide COVID-19 testing without a local physicians order.
• If you have an emergency and have COVID-19 symptoms, please call 785-738-9348 before your arrival to the ER.